Rss & SiteMap

藝術論壇 /

藝術文化 藝文論壇 藝術論壇 免費藝術社群 歷史最優久的華人藝術網 台灣藝術 大陸藝術 華人藝術 海棠藝術 藝術 油畫 水彩 陶藝 雕塑 書畫 金石 攝影 藝術 多媒體 世界名畫 複製畫 雕塑 賀卡 石版畫 版畫 藝術愛好者訂購藝術商品的最佳管道 藝術產業者宣傳服務的最佳媒體 藝術創作者展現作品風格的最佳舞台 台灣藝術網 海棠
共4 條記錄, 每頁顯示 10 條, 頁簽: [1]
[瀏覽完整版]

標題:[Invitation]Soft Power – The Intangible Indicator

1樓
maintrend 發表於:2012/6/29 上午 03:25:08

圖片點擊可在新增視窗開啟檢視此主題相關圖片如下:皊?淋叫(璣?).jpg
圖片點擊可在新增視窗開啟檢視

7 July18 August, 2012

Media invitation: July, 2012(Sat.) 15:30-17:00

Reception: July, 2012(Sat.) 17:00-18:30

Venue: Main Trend Gallery / No. 209-1, Chen Der Rd. Sec. 3, Taipei 10365 (Near By MRT Yuan-Shan Station Exit No.1)

Curator: Becky CHO

Artists: Yu-Cheng CHOU, Sung-Chin CHEN, Jam WU, Chin-Chung DIN

By Becky Cho June 2012

When I returned to Taiwan from a long summer break in California in 2011; I had an unusual encounter. The chance of having the time and opportunity for a curatorial project that I had wanted to do for many years, with the invitation of four outstanding artists in Taiwan whose works, in my opinion, capture a niche segment of the arts market. Their works are not only a contemporary statement of Taiwanese society, but also artistic expressions that speak of and for our community and its governing elites; hence, giving significance to its title, “Soft Power – The Intangible Indicator”. Today with more and more artists building diplomacy through their art within the international arena; these artist’s work contribute to the concept of globalization through the manipulation of popular culture and heritage aesthetics.

On the other hand, it is also ironic to find in the past two decades that globalization also creates the urge for an emphasis on localization. The arts play a critical role of defining our humanity, whether regarded as soft power or not. I have chosen these artists whose works contain “soft power” both in terms of form and metaphor. They are, as their subtitle suggests, intangible but powerful. They reach out to our everyday experience through texture, light, fabric, and pattern. “Soft” as they might seem in form and representation; these artistic statements and subjects, as presented in a gallery setting, become the desired subject of display; challenging the eyes of collectors with an appetite for Taiwanese contemporary arts.

The ambition of “Soft Power” is indeed to present these works to collectors as an indicator that is intangible but real. They are the indicator for economic incentive and force, which is not difficult to trace in terms of how they were developed. The common path of these artists can be identified in a few ways:

1.They are all within the same age group, sharing similar higher level arts education background in Taiwan.

2.They have a clear strategy on growing their career path, picking up some major awards of professional recognition, while building a social/business network.

3.They all have international artist residency experience and have worked in an international cultural setting as part of their development.

4.All material they use or present is intangible in some ways, soft in its form and substance as part of their development process.

From the year 2001 – 2008, my professional engagement as an arts foundation director role in both the public and private sector have given me numerous opportunities to understand how artists manipulate their “soft power”, not always necessarily from a political perspective, but that influence can be quite powerful, especially from an economic standpoint. There is no simple rule to decode the index of arts market. The fun and challenge rests in those who have the patience to learn the intangible value behind it.

Public Relations

Ginnie Hung

+886-2-2587-3412#12

ginnie@maintrendgallery.com.tw

2樓
supreme415593 發表於:2022/4/13 下午 12:19:33
雅詩蘭黛遮瑕
雅詩蘭黛氣墊粉餅
雅詩蘭黛水粉底
雅詩蘭黛精華
雅詩蘭黛精華液
雅詩蘭黛精華露